This dish is simple, quick, and tasty. It can be made from left-over rice, or rice made specifically for the meal. Any vegetables and/or meat can be added.
cooked rice (I used 1.5 cups dried rice and then boiled in my rice cooker)
3 pieces bacon, fat trimmed and then the meat cut into tiny pieces
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 can bamboo shoots
2 BBQ’d ribs, meat cut into tiny pieces
1 carrot, sliced into bite sized pieces
3/4 can baby corn, sliced into bite sized pieces
two handfuls of shrimps – cooked and peeled
Toasted sesame seeds
1. Cook the bacon in a large skillet, leaving the grease.
2. Saute the onion and bamboo shoots in the bacon grease
3. Toss in the remaining ingredients, up to the baby corn, heating and stirring occasionally (for roughly 5 minutes).
4. Toss in the rib meat and cook for an additional minute. Once everything is hot, crack two eggs into a bowl or glass and beat then pour over the fried rice mixture stirring rapidly so that the egg coats all of the rice. Cook for 5 minutes.
5. Toss in the shrimp, stir and heat for 2 minutes.
6. Serve with a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds.