These things aren’t exactly healthy, and I’m sure my arteries were already closing up while I ate the two jalapeno poppers during last Sunday’s football game. They were tasty! They are also super duper rich, so you can’t eat many (which, I’m sure your heart valves will thank you for). This is another recipe that my husband technically made, and I just ate and photographed. The jalapeno poppers can be baked or BBQ’d.
jalapenos (how many you want – most people ate 2-3 each)
cheese, cubbed (cheddar, pepper jack, habanero cheddar – your choice!)
shrimp, cooked and peeled (you should have the same number of shrimp as jalapenos)
bacon (half slice for each jalapeno)
toothpicks (one for each jalapeno)
metal jalapeno holder
1. Begin by coring out the seeds of each jalapeno (it helps if you have a jalapeno corer).
2. Place one cube of your choice of cheese in the bottom of each jalapeno.
3. Scoop out a little cream cheese and place in each jalapeno, on top of the cheddar cheese cube.
4. Place a cooked and peeled shrimp in each jalapeno, on top of the cream cheese.
5. Wrap each jalapeno with half a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
6. Place each fully assembled jalapeno popper in the jalapeno holder, and bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for roughly 30 minutes (or BBQ).